A major occasion in the Scottish music calendar incorporating the official Scottish Accordion Championships for traditional music alongside fiddle competitions and a range of individual and group sections covering a variety of musical styles.
The 69th Festival will take place on Saturday, 27th October 2018
Results from the 2017 Festival are available click here to view
Photos from the 2017 Festival are available click here to view
Based in Perth's famous Salutation Hotel (01738 630 066 - special room rates available for festival-goers - contact hotel) and nearby halls. The location of these venues can be seen here.
Register to participate in competitions from Monday, 2nd July 2018. Entries close on Sunday, 7th October 2018
Buy tickets for the Friday night welcome ceilidh. Tickets £8.50 which includes supper will be available from Monday 2nd July 2018
Contact us for ticket information or for any queries. To read the press release click here (PDF file)
- Friday Night there is a welcome ceilidh with Neil MacEachern and his Scottish Dance Band.
- On Saturday the competitions & championships take place which includes sections for accordions, fiddles, bands and trios.
Competitions start in the Salutation Hotel and St. John’s Episcopal Church at 9.00am. Come along and listen to the competitions and enjoy the wonderful music. An all-day ticket, which can be purchased on the day at the Salutation Hotel and St. John’s Episcopal Church will cost £8.50. This also includes entrance to the Grand Finale. An excellent day out.
- The Grand Finale takes place late Saturday afternoon and features the results of Senior Scottish Championship and performances by some of the nation’s leading musicians.
- There are informal sessions throughout the day in the Salutation Bar and also at The Venue
- There is a final dance on the Saturday evening which is run by Perth and District Accordion and Fiddle Club